Thursday, February 23, 2017

This Is My Dream!



This is my dream! Ever since I was a small girl, I wanted to grow up to be a wife and a mother. I played "house" with my friends and my dolls and I always had, like, a million imaginary children to take care of! I dreamed of my life looking just like this picture! I'd wear a house dress and an apron, my kids would be perfectly groomed, I'd have my meals precisely planned out and ready on time, my husband would go to work every day, come home and greet me with a kiss in the kitchen, then we'd sit down to dinner as a family and enjoy the evening right there in our own home!

I know I could  have that if I tried hard enough. I could gradually transform my wardrobe from jeans and t-shirts to house dresses, and I think I just might. I may or may not wear heels inside the house while I cook, but that's just because I really love bare feet and I think shoes get the carpet dirty. :) I already have a few aprons, and I do wear them on occasion! I have been on and off with meal planning ever since I was married. I am currently on and doing great! My husband does go to work every day and often greets me with a kiss when he gets home, though it's not always in the kitchen.

Unfortunately, life is too busy to always sit down together to dinner and enjoy the evening at home, and that's something that just comes from living in the year 2017 when the world says, "Do more! Be involved in more!" Of course, I could draw back from all of that as well if I really wanted to! I just really love being social though, and so do my kids, so I think I'll let that one slide just a little.

My kids will probably never be perfectly groomed, so I'll just forget about that one! :D

What I don't understand, and probably never will, is how some women can look at this picture and find offense. It just looks so loving and so caring and so warm. They're all happy! I don't see a woman who hates her life and hates taking care of her family and feels like she is imprisoned by her role as a wife and mother. She is smiling and happy and enjoying being a beautiful, talented woman!

I have watched and listened as these "feminists" took to the streets in protest the last couple months. I am disgusted at the way they treat themselves and the way they "represent" women.

Though they don't. Real women don't destroy their beautiful bodies to try to make a point. They don't act filthy and disgusting and vulgar. They don't turn themselves into men. They don't engage in improper activities, and especially not in public. As I've watched, I have just sat and wondered, "why?" My whole life I have dreamed of becoming this girly, happy homemaker, and I wonder, did they dream their whole lives of becoming what they have turned themselves into? I imagine when they were small, like me, they played with dolls and wanted to be wives and mommies. I can't imagine they dreamed of destroying the image of a woman by shaving their heads, protesting in the streets, and acting like there is no sanctity in life and marriage. I don't know what happened and why they've chosen the lives they've chosen, but I think it's sad.

To me, being a woman is a blessing and a privilege. I don't know why more women don't take advantage of the respect so many men are willing to give a woman. Instead, they demand that the men treat them as equals. They don't want a gentleman to open the door because that makes them feel worthless (so they say). They don't want a gentleman to give them their coat because that makes them feel weak. They want to be tough and manly and in charge of everything! They want to have it all and do it all and be completely independent. I hope there are some real ladies left in the world when my boys are old enough to get married, because I'm raising them to be gentlemen who open doors and offer coats!

Personally, I'm grateful for the respect of my husband and so many other men in my life. I'm grateful my husband works hard to provide for our family so I can stay home and play "house." I'm grateful for parents who taught me that being a woman is a blessing, and especially for a mom who taught me how to cook and clean and care for children. I'm most grateful for God for sending me to earth as part of His plan, and for offering me the blessings of this life, and giving me the family I always dreamed of, even though it wasn't on my timeline and had some hiccups along the way.

And someday soon when my wardrobe is switched over to '50s style and I have a '50s style kitchen, I'll post a picture of my own perfection!


No comments:

Post a Comment